We have a blog!
Posted by
Lucy
on Sunday, October 11, 2009
Labels:
baking
It took a little while, but we finally have a blog! Thank you to Jon for conquering the mysteries of the internet and coming up with a witty(?) title. Its a pun...get it? Anyway, I'll write some recap posts in a bit, but for now I'm going to post current news. This weekend we are cat sitting for Jon's boss and enjoying his internet and his beautiful house. His cat, Castro, amazingly looks very very much like Beecher. Sadly though he is very shy and anti-social. One highlight of the house is the collection of cooking magazines. I've been reading Martha Stewart Living and Saveur to my heart's content. I even found an article (with recipes!) about Maida Heatter, whose baking books I love. Last night Nena and Matt came over and we made Mexican-ish food and a chocolate cake for Matt's birthday. The cake was not quite as successful as I had hoped, but given our lack of equipment and ingredients and our inability to regulate the oven temperature, I think it was a pretty good showing. On the agenda for today: a walk to the "Italian Cheese and Harm" shop (that is what the sign outside used to say), where I've never been and an attempt to make pad thai for dinner.
0 comments:
Post a Comment