Merry Christmas!

If you were in Ethiopia, today would be Christmas!

After a long hiatus, we are committed to doing a better job on the blog with more pictures and stories of everyday life going forward.  Hopefully this weekend will be the beginning so check back every so often.

My lunch experience yesterday is a good example of a normal customer service experience in Rwanda.

Jon: "Do you have meat and vegetable samosas today?"
Attendant at Novotel: "Yes!"
Jon: "I would like two vegetable samosas and one meat samosa please."
Attendant at Novotel (without moving, pausing, or looking at what was available): "No vegetable samosas today.  It is finished."
Jon: "Ok, I will have two meat samosas and a coca cola."
Attendant at Novotel: “Ok”

Keep in mind that this interaction happened in real time with no pauses at the second most western-oriented hotel in Kigali.  Lo and behold, I ate my two samosas and they were both in fact vegetable.  And my coca cola arrived after I had already finished eating them.

Also, currently it is 9:30am in Kigali and it is 73 degrees.  It is 30 degrees and snowing at 1:30am in Memphis.  It is 33 degrees and clear at 2:30am in New York.

Have a nice day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment