Movie Watching

It seems I can no longer afford to see movies in New York (WSJ: Movie Tickets Reach the $20 Mark) but I do hope to catch up this summer with NetFlix.

My parents, Becca, and Lucy's friend Kate have sent us a bunch of movies and tv shows and we have been slowing chipping away at them.  We have watched all of the Gossip Girl and Glee that has been released and I am working on 24 right now (my dad sent me the entire series).  Last night we watched Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle so that made me pretty hungry.

Mostly we watch them on our computers or we take the DVD player from the Dairy VolCon house (though region 2 coded so it doesn't play most movies that we have) to put it up on our small TV (that has no channels).  For a while we were able to borrow a projector from the office that we could hook up to our computer and broadcast onto the wall in our living room.


This, combined with some portable Chill Pill speakers that Morgan recommended to me, made for excellent movie watching.  We even had cable TV for a bit so we could broadcast the super bowl and the olympics up on the wall.

So for next year I am in the market for a projector similar to the one we have in the office (though potentially not as fancy) and am hoping someone can help me select one.  Any thoughts on this business is much appreciated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment